4.09.2012

Quality Time

I am back in Seattle after spending the Easter weekend in the city of my birth, the other Washington. It was great to spend some quality time with my Dad. We were able to get some practical things sorted out. I caught up on his filing, fixed a few things on his computer, etc... More than that, we were able to just hang out. We had some good conversations. Some surprisingly good meals in the retirement center (and some of course nothing to blog about). I always enjoy spending a few days there with Dad, interacting with the staff and residents. My Dad has had a few health scares in recent years. But he is doing pretty well all things considered and thankfully he is able to afford the help he needs.

The weather in DC was gorgeous. One day Dad and I went out to see some of the neighborhood blooms. Another day we took a drive to have lunch with four of my parents' best of friends. That was a special time for all involved. Some of them have been friends for more than 50 years. Some of their crowd have passed to the next life, including my mom, but I am sure they were enjoying the get together from heaven.

All in all it was a great Easter weekend. It is always hard to be far away from loved ones, especially when they are facing challenges. So I am very grateful for the opportunity to spend a few days with my Dad in person from time to time!


No comments: