9.29.2014

Time to make the donuts ... or write a thesis

This morning I woke up early (for me), ready to start the day with this thought: "Time to make the donuts."

For those of you who were around in the 80s, this is of course the tag line of a series of commercials for a certain donut chain.  Every day, Fred the Baker would wake up bright and early and head out the door to make the donuts.

Given that I need to get my thesis done in pretty quick order during the next 3 months, while simultaneously preparing for my comprehensive exams, I'm not surprised this bit of pop culture popped into my subconscious. I've got a pretty rigorous research, writing and study plan.

And TODAY is the day I switch from research to actually writing the first chapter.  Hence, today is the first of many days when it is "time to write the thesis."

No comments: